It’s finally starting to feel like winter on the east coast!! FINALLY! I know you hate me, but I will gladly own my excitement for winter and snowfall. My western raised momma taught me how to ski at age 3, and the snow is in my blood, what can I say. I crave snow in the winter time! It kind of drives me crazy when it’s just cold outside but theres no snow.. like come on! If it’s going to be cold enough to snow, it might as well freakin’ snow so we have something to look forward to! Besides annoying our significant others with cold feet at night, of course. (Sorry Stu!)
Stu and I both gave up coffee a little bit ago and we’ve been playing around with a variety of hot sips in the morning to fill the void. We were doing some herbal teas, but I’ve gotta say this Butter Matcha Green Tea is my fave so far. It’s got a nice creamy, full bodied flavor thats sure to warm you up and leave you feeling nice and cozy.
So what the heck is matcha??
Matcha is a fine, stone ground powder from specifically grown green tea leaves, and is LOADED with health benefits:
- Packed with antioxidants
- Boosts metabolism
- Detoxifies effectively and naturally
- Calms the mind and relaxes the body
- Is rich in fiber, chlorophyll and vitamins
- Enhances mood and aids in concentration
- Provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
- Can lower cholesterol and blood sugar
Quite the powerhouse, huh? I think so too.
- 1 1/2 Cup almond milk
- 1/2 Cup full fat coconut milk
- 4 tbsp matcha powder
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp unsalted grassfed butter
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine the almond milk + coconut milk in a small saucepan over medium heat
- Bring to a simmer, then add the vanilla and honey. Mix well
- Once the vanilla and honey are well combined, pour the hot milk-honey-vanilla liquid into your blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients (matcha powder, butter, cinnamon) to the blender with the milk and blend for about 1 minute or until well combined and frothy.
- SIP SIP SIP IT UP!