It’s St. Patricks day, WOO!!! With my Irish heritage, you’d think I’d be going buck wild every St. Patricks day, but I really don’t remember celebrating this day at all except for those kick ass elementary school parties. How awesome were those?! Please tell me you had them as well. I freakin’ loved them!
I remember one year our teacher flipped all the desks and chairs when we arrived in the morning and blamed it on the leprechauns. I was skeptical AF… that is until one of my friends was “bit” by a leprechaun while trying to catch it as it ran behind the computers in our classroom. Yea, that kid definitely got shocked by electrical cords. But I totally thought it was a leprechaun until like 5th grade.
St. Patricks day also reminds me of “State Patty’s” day at Penn State where everyone goes effing CRAZY for days on end. Green beer, green food, drunk college students everywhere.. I actually never experienced State Patty’s day myself, but growing up in PA it was all the rage. People from my high school and kids from surrounding colleges would go just for the parties. Ahhhh… State College. What a place.
And of course St. Patricks day reminds me of Shamrock Shakes. I used to go to TOWN on Shamrock Shakes as a kid, especially after gymnastics practice. I’d work my little 14 year old ass off at gymnastics practice for 4 hours, then fill myself with shit nutrition from McDonalds. YES THE CHILDHOOD DREAM!!!!
I feel like most people know how shitty Shamrock Shakes are at this point, so I’m not going to blab on about it.. but feel free to enjoy this infographic by Huffington Post!
ISN’T THAT JUST INSANE?! Why the F**** does a shake need 54 ingredients?! Let alone most of them are chemicals, preservatives, man-made products and not even FOOD. Welcome to the bane of America’s existence.. screwing our own food systems and well-being since the industrialization period.
People don’t want to know this information. It’s much easier for people to just turn their heads away from this info and eat the damn shake because “what you don’t know don’t hurt ya”. LIES. And then we wonder why healthcare costs are so damn high and why our country is so sick…
I’ll get off my high horse.
Long story short: you’re gonna wanna make this Healthy Shamrock Shake because it’s delicious AF and won’t send you to the hospital in the next 5 years 😉 Only 8 ingredients and a whole hell of a lot of nutrition!
- 1 Ripe Banana
- 1 Cup Ice Cubes
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tsp Peppermint Extract
- 2 Tbsp [url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AF7XMYY/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=whatcaitate-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B00AF7XMYY&linkId=ce87c5d4d99d06f53e6ffa6720bb089d”]Coconut Cream[/url]
- 1 Cup Almond Milk ([url href=”https://whatcaitate.com/homemade-cashew-milk/”]I used my Homemade Almond Milk[/url])
- 1/4 of an Avocado
- Pinch of [url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00944ORXY/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=whatcaitate-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B00944ORXY&linkId=daf371c24be87e4e5cfab06033e02c6f”]REAL salt[/url](brings out the flavors!)
- Toss everything into a high-powered blender (I used my [url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01688AFFC/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=whatcaitate-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B01688AFFC&linkId=51479686387fe7afcfb31a03223b0c3a”]Vitamix[/url])
- Blend until smooth, 30-60 sec.
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for your support with What Cait Ate!
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment