BONE BROTH!!! EVERYONE FREAK OUT!!! Seriously though I can’t get over how insane the foodie world has become about Bone Broth, and it’s AWESOME! There’s been plenty of shitty fads in the past (like low-fat and low-cal diets) but I gotta say I can totally stand behind this bone broth craze. Because, hello, I’m totally a part of it!
Many of you on Instagram have been asking me how I make my Bone Broth, and the time has finally come! I’ve made so many Insta-stories about this, but then they disappear in 24 hours and I leave everyone hanging. I’m so rude. But now here we are! To be found on the blog forever, you can make my AHHHmazingly simple and incredibly nourishing Bone Broth 🙂
If y’all are wanting a more in-depth explanation about this incredible elixir and WHY it is so insanely nutrient dense, healing, and heavenly- check out this post!
- *You’ll need a slow cooker for this recipe!
- 2 lbs Grass-fed Beef Marrow Bones
- 2 lbs Organic Chicken Feet (YES, chicken feet. Not a typo!)
- 1 Red Onion, peeled + cut into quarters
- 1 whole head of garlic, chopped in half
- 5 sprigs of Fresh Rosemary
- 5 sprigs of Fresh Thyme
- 4 Organic Whole Carrots, cut into 2″ pieces
- 4 Celery Stalks
- 1 Fennel Root, cut into quarters
- 2 tsp Real Mineral Salt
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- ~6 quarts of water
- Optional Ingredient:
- 1″ Piece of fresh Turmeric root cut into 4 pieces (or 1 tsp turmeric powder) — Used for anti-inflammatory properties
- Throw all the ingredients into your slow cooker, bones + feet first with veggies and herbs on top.
- Fill the slow cooker up to the rim with water, throw the lid on and cook on LOW for at least 24 hours.
- Strain + enjoy immediately or store in a glass container (We use 1/2 gallon Mason Jars) for up to 2 weeks in the fridge.
- Sip 8-16oz in a mug daily, or use as soup base
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for your support with What Cait Ate!