Bone broth has swept the holistic health + wellness field off it’s feet recently, but this incredible elixir has been around for centuries. In Chinese Medicine, whose origins date back more than 2,500 years, bone broth was used to support digestive health, work as a blood builder, and to strengthen the kidneys. Today, this healing broth is still used to heal + support many bodily functions.
You can make your own Bone Broth, or you can skip the mess and just buy some. I’ve had a tough time finding companies who are making properly prepared, traditional broth (slow cooking grass fed bones with other vegetables, spices, herbs, and water) and not processing the crap out of it then marketing it as “Bone Broth” since that is such a hot word in the food industry right now. Doesn’t food packaging piss you off?! Packaging can be very deceiving unless you spend plenty of time educating yourself on how to properly decode packaging claims… come on USDA + FDA, were trying! Give us a freaking break.
I’ve finally found a brand that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE and can confidently buy without worrying about BS ingredients and deceitful marketing:
Osso Good Bone Broth!
These guys are my go-to for bone broth, all day every day- hands down. Their broth’s are far better than any I’ve ever made on my own and I cannot speak highly enough of the quality of their product and variety of flavors. All of their broths are made with Grass fed + finished bones and are certified Organic, Gluten Free, Paleo, Whole30 and Keto approved. So that’s the objective aspects.. but y’all the FLAVOR of these broths are seriously UNREAL and unlike any other brand I’ve tried!!!
As if bone broth wasn’t healing enough on its own, Osso Good decided to boost it up with herbs! Freakin’ Genius. I cant even begin to tell you how delicious and nourishing their broths are, and they have SO many flavors and various broths that contain Chinese Herbs, which address different health goals/challenges including Pre + Postnatal, Gut-healing, For your dog, Bone Broth cleanse, Total Body Recovery, Immune Support, Energy Support.
What Can Bone Broth Help With?
Bone broth is known to:
- Support in healing from leaky gut syndrome
- Heal from food allergies + sensitivities
- Strengthen hair, skin, and nails
- Support healthy joints
- Reduce Cellulite
- Provides a quality source of protein + essential minerals
- Boosts the immune system
Why Is Bone Broth So Good For Us?
It may sound a bit weird to drink broth made from bones, but lets be honest- isn’t it a bit wasteful and irresponsible to NOT use the animal in its entirety? Traditional cultures believed in using the entire animal once it was killed- bones, tendons, skin, organs, hoofs… “everything from the nose to the tail” as they say. Though it may gross you out, this is a much healthier + more sustainable way of consumption for both the animal and the consumer. Each part of the animal has different essential vitamins + minerals to offer, and traditional cultures knew this all too well.
Collagen– The most abundant protein in our bodies! Found in the connective tissues of vertebrate animals, collagen can be found in bone, bone marrow, cartilage, tendons, and ligaments. When sources of collagen (like bone, for example) are heated for long periods of time at low and consistent temperatures, collagen breaks down into gelatin.
Gelatin- Protein source derived from Collagen that contains important amino acids (the “building blocks” of proteins) including Glycine, Proline, Hydroxyproline, Glutamic Acid, Alanine, Arginine, Aspartic Acid, and Lysine. Each of these amino acids have different healing qualities depending on their structure + function.
Collagen + Gelatin work together to support healthy:
- Hair, skin, and nails– anti-aging for the skin, builds strong hair + nails, reduces cellulite + stretch marks by increasing collagen stores in the body and increasing skin elasticity
- Joints– prevents joint degeneration + supplies healthy collagen to cushion our joints
- Digestion– supports the integrity of the intestinal lining + heals leaky gut, relieves IBS, Crohn’s, Ulcerative Colitis and Acid Reflux Symptoms, aids in food allergy relief, helps to hydrate and rebuild the mucosal lining of the intestinal wall
- Detoxification- helps minimize damage your liver experiences when it absorbs foreign substances, toxins or alcohol that can slow down detoxification pathways, supports a healthy mucosal barrier in the digestive system which helps to trap and expel foreign substances
- Metabolism– amino acids build + repair muscle tissue, maintain muscle + connective tissue health, boosts nutrient absorption and synthesis
- Mental Health- glycine boosts mental clarity by supplying vital amino acids to lower stress hormones like Cortisol/Norepinephrine and increase feel good hormones like GABA
Trace Minerals- Bone Broth provides essential minerals that the modern American is lacking in their diet. Examples are potassium, magnesium, calcium, phosphorous, and much more. Minerals are known as “the spark plugs of life” because they are co-factors for over 300 enzymatic functions in the human body. Not surprisingly, there are quite a handful of common health challenges today that are related to mineral deficiency: anxiety, depression, lethargy, fatigue, bone loss, joint pain, etc.
If you haven’t already tried bone broth, I encourage you to indulge! I can’t even begin to tell you how instrumental bone broth has been for me in supporting and healing my gut as well as easing my anxiety. I try to drink a cup per day, and love to add in some extra avocado and a pinch of REAL mineral salt.
Use Code “LOVEYOURGUT” at checkout to save $15 off any Osso Good Bones Order!
This website contains affiliate links, which means Cait may receive a percentage of any product or service you purchase using the links in the articles or advertisements. You will pay the same price for all products and services, and your purchase helps support Cait’s ongoing work. Thanks for your support!
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment