It’s almost Valentines Day!
My incredible parents always got my brother and I valentines day gifts to express their love for us, and I think growing up in that environment has made me think of Valentines day in a different light. Valentines day for me wasn’t necessarily about that “special someone”, but simply the special people in your life. So go love on your special people this Valentines day! Hugs all around.
I worked out with a personal trainer yesterday after going to power yoga two days in a row on Tuesday and Wednesday (hellooo sore hammies) and now I’m officially whooped. We did a ton of tire flips, which I haven’t done for years, and now my arms and hamstrings are screaming in all the best ways. I love being sore from a hard workout!
Yesterday was my first time in a Golds Gym and all I could think about was Globo Gym from the movie Dodgeball! Man, that movie is a freakin classic. My family quotes stupid amounts of movies, and Dodgeball is pretty high on the list of movies quoted. I gotta watch that again soon. Maybe tonight. No joke, I just asked my fiancé if he wanted to watch it tonight and he said, “Im Neutral”. Hmmm. Yeah we’re totally watching it.
- 2 2/3 cups [url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HRMFCVQ/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=whatcaitate-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B00HRMFCVQ&linkId=b2efaf4112f79fa2da75a6871cb46fdb”]almond flour[/url]
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp [url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000R5PKD0/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=whatcaitate-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B000R5PKD0&linkId=5244bf843de50d5b11931bad22cbb2d3″]real mineral salt[/url]
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chocolate chips ([url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VK5VTO/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=whatcaitate-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B000VK5VTO&linkId=ed19258be12029a6c1cce0d668830b53″]I prefer Enjoy Life brand[/url])
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Prepare a cookie sheet with [url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001T6JTMY/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=whatcaitate-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B001T6JTMY&linkId=5b630f5251caf69e8bf804fe98131838″]parchment paper[/url] and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add almond flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until well mixed.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the vanilla, maple syrup, and eggs.
- Add the dry ingredients from step 3 into wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Once the batter is formed, add the coconut oil and mix well.
- Once the coconut oil is well integrated, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon out 1 tablespoon per cookie onto the parchment paper.
- Bake for 13 minutes until the cookies become a beautiful golden brown color
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for your support with What Cait Ate!