I kept seeing people in the “foodie world” use near-empty nut butter jars as containers for overnight oats and thought it was kind of stupid. So I decided to do it too.. because… gotta be like the cool kids, right?
All judgement aside, this is actually an awesome way to reuse your nut butter jars one last time before they’re thrown into the abyss of what hopefully ends up being born-again, recycled plastic. It’s the perfect serving size and is such an easy, quick way to prep for breakfast the night before a busy day! BUSY PEOPLE- I’m lookin’ at you!!!
My FAVE Justin’s Almond Butter kicked the can last night and I decided to make my own little recipe 🙂 Feel free to use whatever brand you like best, but Justin’s is a personal go-to for me because of the flavor + quality of their almond butter. I think you’re all going to flip out when you make this, because its FREAKING AMAZING!! I’m not just saying that! I used my Homemade Cashew Milk and Vital Proteins Vanilla Collagen, and I swear that’s why this recipe is off the hook!
- [url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C3PL6W6/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=whatcaitate-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B00C3PL6W6&linkId=45a375a7db5820825fb519a5531de2ad”]1 Almost Empty Jar of Nut Butter[/url]
- 1 Cup Gluten Free Quick Cooking Oats ( I used [url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003LPM9XM/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=whatcaitate-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B003LPM9XM&linkId=db4ee0bd785b3a991aaab65df237a367″]Bob’s Red Mill[/url])
- 1/4 Cup Fresh or Frozen Blueberries
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- [url href=”http://www.vitalproteins.com/health/pasture-raised-grass-fed-collagen-peptides-vanilla-coconut-water-10-oz-canister.html?acc=c2626d850c80ea07e7511bbae4c76f4b”]1 Scoop Vital Proteins Vanilla Collagen Peptides[/url]
- Pinch of Salt
- Dash of Cinnamon
- [url href=”https://whatcaitate.com/homemade-cashew-milk/”]1/2-1 Cup Homemade Cashew Milk[/url]
- Add all ingredients into the near-empty nut butter jar, pouring the cashew milk in last.
- Pour only [url href=”https://whatcaitate.com/homemade-cashew-milk/”]1/4 cup cashew milk[/url] in at a time, mixing with a spoon each time to make sure the liquid is covering all ingredients + not overflowing the jar without mixing into the oats.
- Once the cashew milk has covered the oats, put the lid on and give it a good shake to make sure everything is mixed well.
- Put in your fridge overnight + enjoy in the morning for breakfast!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for your support with What Cait Ate!