I haven’t seen my parents for about two months, and they’re here in Denver visiting!! YAY!! I know that might not seem like a long time to some people, but my family is tight AF and I’ve been so dang excited to see them ever since the future hubs and I packed up the car and drove across the country to live here. Likewise, we’ve been driving all over the city showing them our favorite spots to eat, drink, and get outdoors.
Saturday we went to Avanti to get some Quiero Arepas and they were BOMB as usual. Avanti is a beautiful industrial space in the Lower Highlands that used to be an old printing & graphics building that now occupies 7 different restaurants and two incredible bars, one of them on the rooftop with outdoor seating. Each restaurant is set up inside of recycled shipping containers that outline the perimeter of this collective eatery, with open seating in the center. Its essentially an indoor/outdoor food truck round-up space that is super eclectic and an awesome place to hang, relax, eat & drink at.
After Avanti, we headed to The Source to walk around and grab some tea & coffee. The Source is similar to Avanti in a sense that it is located inside of an old, renovated industrial building. This awesome space houses two restaurants, a butcher shop, floral company, liquor store, a bar, bakery, spice shop, and a kick ass coffee company based out of Boulder called Boxcar Coffee.
Since caffeine destroys my digestion and makes my anxiety 1000x worse, I skipped out on the coffee and asked the baristas to surprise me with something decaffeinated with no dairy. They were super pumped to have the freedom to create something new, probably because everyone and their mother are ordering pumpkin spiced lattes these days. They ended up making a Peppermint Tea Almond Milk Latte with local honey. Sounds totally simple and boring right?! OMG IT WAS DELICIOUS!! We liked it so much that we bought some of the tea, and I’ve been making them at home the last few days.
Yesterday I received a package from Eating Evolved Chocolate, LOVE THEM! Among other delicious goodies, they sent me some Toasted Coconut Chocolate Spread, so I got a little creative with it and threw some in my peppermint latte with my Homemade Cashew Milk!
- 1 Bag peppermint tea
- 8 oz water
- 4 oz [url href=”https://whatcaitate.com/homemade-cashew-milk/”]Homemade Cashew milk[/url] (or other non-dairy milk)
- [url href=”http://www.vitalproteins.com/collagen/collagen-peptides.html?acc=c2626d850c80ea07e7511bbae4c76f4b&bannerid=4″]1 Scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides[/url]
- 1 Tbsp Eating Evolved Chocolate Spread (if you can’t find the spread, use a piece of [url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MZ65HGO/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=whatcaitate-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B01MZ65HGO&linkId=1afc216e8c13a6e1a084d117425186a2″]their chocolate bar![/url])
- 1 Tsp Honey
- Splash of Vanilla Extract
- Boil 8 oz water and steep tea bag for 5 minutes.
- Heat up [url href=”https://whatcaitate.com/homemade-cashew-milk/”]4 oz cashew milk[/url]in a small pot over medium-high heat until simmering.
- Remove tea bag from tea & pour the steeped tea into your [url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01688AFFC/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=whatcaitate-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B01688AFFC&linkId=033c0f7351a1190dcc10ad54d8288c42″]Vitamix or high-powered blender[/url] along with the cashew milk, honey, chocolate spread, vanilla, and [url href=”http://www.vitalproteins.com/collagen/collagen-peptides.html?acc=c2626d850c80ea07e7511bbae4c76f4b&bannerid=4″]Collagen Peptides[/url].
- Blend until completely mixed & frothy, about 30-60 seconds.
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for your support with What Cait Ate!
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment