I’ve had 3 bananas slowly dying on my kitchen counter for about a week and couldn’t decide if I just wanted to freeze them for smoothies or use them to make some sort of banana bread concoction. Since my parents were in town all last week, I didn’t get a chance to hang out in the kitchen very often.. Lets just say the bananas were about to go into the trashcan, but I decided to make this banana bread instead.
I’m currently working on a bunch of other blog posts (adrenal health, why bone broth, why bulletproof coffee, etc.) and my brain is totally void of any other things I should tell you guys right now. So, I’ll leave you with this:
- This banana bread is freaking delicious
- My friends and I ate it all in one day
- It’s super moist & ooey-gooey (duh, the name!) and
- You’re missing out if you don’t make it asap!!!
- 2 Whole Eggs
- 3 Ripe Bananas
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1 Scoop [url href=”http://www.vitalproteins.com/collagen/collagen-peptides.html?acc=c2626d850c80ea07e7511bbae4c76f4b&bannerid=4″]Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides[/url]
- 1 Cup Almond Flour ( [url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00473RWXY/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=whatcaitate-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B00473RWXY&linkId=d46a2b133210cbc023f39c42e53905d1″]I used Bob’s Red Mill[/url])
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Flour ([url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MFC5JVQ/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=whatcaitate-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B00MFC5JVQ&linkId=141bda363d491271f9c0f8706ad8c866″]I used Bob’s Red Mill[/url])
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Chocolate Chips ([url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IV77WUA/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=whatcaitate-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B00IV77WUA&linkId=2d5c8f5cf2e6abe7012fc718395a407f”]I used Enjoy Life brand[/url])
- 1 Tsp Coconut oil- for pan
- Preheat oven to 350 + prepare a bread tin by wiping 1 tsp coconut oil around the bottom + sides with a paper towel. (Or be smarter than me and just buy coconut oil spray)
- In a medium bowl, mash bananas + whisk in vanilla + eggs.
- in a separate bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients except the chocolate chips: collagen peptides, almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, coconut sugar.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry + mix well, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the “coconut oiled” bread tin and bake for 25-30 minutes
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for your support with What Cait Ate!