It’s that time of year again where I’m constantly cold and looking for a heat source. My saving grace used to be taking long, hot baths… but our new apartment doesn’t have a bath. WTF right?! When we first moved in, I didn’t think it was that big of a deal but I seriously might freak out now that we’re getting into winter here in Colorado. I actually just looked out my window and it’s snowing!!!! No lie! Ah the irony….
Since we don’t have a bath, I’ve been resorting to hot drinks throughout the day and into the evening. Coffee and I don’t jive well at all.. and caffeine in general just makes my anxiety & digestion a complete shit storm- no pun intended but hey thats pretty funny haha! So I’ve been making a bunch of random non-caffeinated hot beverages and landed on this gem of a drink- collagen hot chocolate. BOOM!
I buy all of my collagen from Vital Proteins and use their Cocoa Collagen Whey to make my hot chocolate. Collagen is kick ass for so many reasons: strengthens skin, hair, + nails, improves digestion, hydrates the intestinal lining allowing for optimal healing of the gut, and is pretty much nutritional GOLD. Oh, and its a great source of CLEAN protein! Collagen is one of the power foods I choose to take every day because the benefits are INSANE and I notice a huge difference in my digestion + my skin when I use it regularly.
So why not combine two of the best foods ever?! Chocolate + Collagen = Winner.
Also, check out my homemade cashew milk recipe if you wanna make your own instead of blowing money on non-dairy milk at the market! It’s super easy + super cheap. And fresh + delicious AF. CHEERS!
- 12oz Milk of your choice ([url href=”https://whatcaitate.com/homemade-cashew-milk/”]I used my homemade cashew milk[/url])
- [url href=”http://www.vitalproteins.com/fitness/collagen-whey-cocoa-coconut-20-oz-canister.html?acc=c2626d850c80ea07e7511bbae4c76f4b”]1 Scoop Vital Proteins Cocoa Collagen Whey[/url]
- 1 Tbsp [url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JA0Z0AQ/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=whatcaitate-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B00JA0Z0AQ&linkId=277983389d0b84d80e49aaefc0b4e7bb”]Raw Cacao Powder[/url]
- 1 Tsp Raw Honey
- 1/4 Tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of cayenne (for a little extra kick!)
- [url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000R5PKD0/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=whatcaitate-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B000R5PKD0&linkId=fdac802cedd5eac546b23049fd27cc63″]Pinch of Redmond REAL salt[/url]
- Heat up the milk in a small saucepan over medium-high heat on the stove. When it’s nice and simmering, toss it into your [url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01688AFFC/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=whatcaitate-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B01688AFFC&linkId=edb0abe93c81c73efec2cbdca65308f1″]Vitamix or high-speed blender[/url]
- Add in the rest of the ingredients one at a time + blend for 30-45 seconds until completely blended + frothy.
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for your support with What Cait Ate!