These little bites are the perfect pre/post-workout snack, energy boost for that mid-day slump, and healthy grab-and-go snack that will leave you feeling full + satiated. AND It won’t knock you out of ketosis… if that’s your thing 😉
“Keto” is SUCH A THING right now!!! (Ketogenic diets that is) Ketosis is a metabolic state when you’re consuming very low carbohydrates and very high fat. Pretty much what happens is your body switches from burning both carbs + fat for energy to burning only fat and ketones. Ketones are produced by the liver from fatty acids during carb restriction and can be used as fuel for the brain and in the body for quick energy.
The human body is built to do both- burn fat and carbs for fuel- and the average person should be capable of switching between these 2 types of fuel for energy throughout the day. Unfortunately, though, most American’s consuming a Standard American Diet -SAD diet- are sugar-burners by default and struggle losing body fat because of their body’s inability to efficiently switch between a sugar burning and fat burning metabolic state. This isn’t to say everyone who is overweight should hop on the “Keto Train”, but that we all need to be consuming a balanced, whole-foods based diet in order to function optimally and be able to access fat + carbs for energy when needed.
Keto has become incredibly popular because it has been used to lower blood sugar + cholesterol levels, lose weight, get rid brain fog and brain inflammation, get rid of epilepsy, reverse pre-diabetes and support those with type 2 diabetes and SO MUCH more.
It appears it’s time for me to write an entire blog post about the keto diet…
Until then- keto diet or not- enjoy these amazing Maca-Cacao Keto Bites! You’re going to LOVE them!
- 1/2 Cup [url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003V7XNRQ/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=whatcaitate-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B003V7XNRQ&linkId=56f9bdf01db6992812aace2d04b35694″]Coconut Butter[/url]
- 1/4 Cup [url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004SI9OIY/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=whatcaitate-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B004SI9OIY&linkId=f0591bea3b2176384c8d30e88682a228″]Shredded, Unsweetened Coconut[/url]
- 2 Scoops [url href=”http://tracking.vitalproteins.com/aff_c?offer_id=6&aff_id=1470″]Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides[/url]
- 1 Tbsp [url href=”http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-8336953-12551843″]Kakato Sweetener[/url]
- 1 Tsp Maca
- 1 Tsp Cacao
- 2 Tbsp Melted Coconut oil
- What You’ll Need:
- Food processor
- Silicone chocolate or ice cube mold
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth. The consistency should be a bit runny, not too clumped or crumbly. If it is crumbly, add more melted coconut oil.
- By the spoonful, add the batter to the chocolate or ice cube mold until filled.
- Freeze for ~30 minutes until solid.
- Enjoy immediately or store in the fridge/freezer for up to 1 month!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for your support with What Cait Ate!