I bought some poppyseeds at Sprouts a few weeks ago and wasn’t really sure what I got them for, but I knew I wanted to make something new and exciting with them! I feel like everyone has certain foods they know of but just don’t really cook with, and poppyseeds are definitely one of those ingredients for me.
Poppyseeds are just weird, right? They’re little black seeds that have essentially no flavor (in my opinion) and they’re mixed with lemon in almost every recipe you’ll find. Think about it though, seriously.. have you ever heard of poppyseed anything that doesn’t have lemon in it?
When I made this recipe for you guys and I was seriously shocked at how amazing it tasted! It reminds me of a pound cake almost… Super delicious, light, sweet, and tastes like the last little bit of summertime. Hope you enjoy this loaf as much as I do!
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Meyer Lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 Cup [url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01I5YABZQ/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=whatcaitate-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B01I5YABZQ&linkId=c9d50cc013fe7ee3d67144c19ac665aa”]Bobs Red Mill Paleo Flour[/url]
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 2 tsp [url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WR2OF0/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=whatcaitate-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B000WR2OF0&linkId=e617c1ce4d1350dd0738472f93af4fec”]Poppyseeds[/url]
- 1 Tbsp Melted [url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CQ7TNDK/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=whatcaitate-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B00CQ7TNDK&linkId=cf35476d4f3a9753355f4a7b8e2160f9″]Coconut Oil[/url]
- For The Icing:
- 2 Tbsp melted [url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012Q04O6M/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=whatcaitate-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B012Q04O6M&linkId=59c00665884584e92910c47a2a5f1078″]Coconut Manna[/url] (also called coconut butter)
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 tsp Meyer Lemon Juice
- Preheat over to 350 degrees and grease your bread pan with coconut oil- set aside
- In a food processor- add all wet ingredients + pulse until well combined, then add dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into bread pan and bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- While loaf is baking, mix together the icing + set aside.
- When loaf is done, let it sit for 5-10 minutes until cooled then cut + drizzle with the icing and enjoy!
- Store on counter top in an air-tight container for 1 week. Freeze or refrigerate for longer storage.
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for your support with What Cait Ate!