This past weekend I was invited to a kick off dinner at Just BE Kitchen in Denver with a bunch of other brands, bloggers, and influencers the night before the Great Grain Free Fair. The dinner was AMAZING! We had incredible Kombucha cocktails (YUM), butternut squash soup, flavorful salads, plenty of Cappellos pizza, and an insanely flavorful grain-free bread pudding to top it all off. If you haven’t been to Just BE Kitchen and you live in Denver- you NEED to go.. like now. It’s hands down my favorite spot for breakfast, lunch, brunch, and random yummy snacks. Tell Jen (the owner) I say hi if you stop in!
The Great Grain Free Fair was on Sunday 10/8 from 9am until 4pm at the McNichols Building in Denver- a super awesome historic building + event space downtown. The event was created by Whole Foods + Cappellos and attracted a bunch of other amazing brands + venders like Ottos Cassava Flour, Simple Mills, Siete Foods, Kite Hill, Epic Bar, Emily Schromm, Juli Bauer of Paleomg, Bill Staley of Primal Palate, and SO much more! Ben, Co-founder of Cappellos, said he hopes to continue the event in years to come and was psyched there were so many genuinely interested people at the event who were engaged and clearly cared about their health.
This all has nothing to do with this recipe, but it was a pretty badass weekend and figured you’d be interested. If you didn’t catch my Instagram story yesterday from the event, you can catch the Live video I took on my Facebook page 🙂
ONTO THE RECIPE!
I feel like I’ve made a lot of different kinds of breads this last year, but this is hands down my ABSOLUTE favorite, hands down. It’s super moist, easy to make, delicious AF, and has a nice chocolate + hazelnut swirl mixed in. Seriously, just LOOK AT THIS BREAD! I know you’re going to LOVE it <3
- 3 Mashed Bananas
- 1/4 Cup Almond Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Tbsp Melted Butter
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/4 tsp [url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071FNYFWW/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=whatcaitate-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B071FNYFWW&linkId=1c6077a58ad703efd53f27d36a2f7a53″]Real Mineral Salt[/url]
- 2 Cups [url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01I5YABZQ/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=whatcaitate-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B01I5YABZQ&linkId=e1b240553e73cc5cb9da209e8964b74c”]Bobs Red Mill Paleo Flour[/url]
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Cup [url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00555H0LC/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=whatcaitate-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B00555H0LC&linkId=8f6d05ca1c0749fffa72c1cb641c838e”]Justins Chocolate Hazelnut Butter[/url]
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees + prepare a [url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ELUWGW/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=whatcaitate-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B000ELUWGW&linkId=8298bc1e2be30532bd13159e9326dbcb”]bread pan[/url] by lining it with [url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005P0VZRC/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=whatcaitate-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B005P0VZRC&linkId=50872d1471155a8ef1da8a476c3b1f0d”]non-toxic parchment paper[/url].
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine all wet ingredients EXCEPT the chocolate hazelnut butter(bananas, almond milk, eggs, vanilla, butter, maple syrup).
- In a separate bowl, combine all the dry ingredients (salt, paleo flour, baking soda + powder)
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet + mix completely.
- Pour HALF the batter into your bread pan, then top with HALF of the chocolate hazelnut butter. Use a toothpick (or something like it) to “swirl” the hazelnut butter into the batter.
- Pour the rest of the batter on top, and repeat step #5 by swirling the rest of the chocolate hazelnut butter on top of the rest of the batter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the batter doesn’t jiggle in the center when you shake the bread pan and the top is golden brown.
If you’re looking for more recipes like this one, check out:
- Blueberry Banana Mini Muffins
- Ooey Gooey Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Chocolate Beet Paleo Brownies
- Paleo Lemon-Poppyseed Loaf
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for your support with What Cait Ate!