Dr. Blodgett is a native Oregonian who attended grade school through high school in Southwest Portland. He earned his Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from the University of Oregon and completed his pre-doctoral sciences at Portland State University. Dr. Blodgett attended the OHSU School of Dentistry and graduated in June of 1999 where he earned the “Going the Extra Mile” award from his own classmates.
Throughout his career, he’s become a recognized leader in minimally-invasive dentistry, dental lasers, computerized dental technology, and holistic care.
He has been featured in numerous dental journals, on television, and in magazines for the innovative care he provides. He is truly a modern pioneer in progressive dental care.
Dr. Blodgett and his wife, Julie, have been married since 1994 and have two beautiful daughters: Sara, born in 2002, and Megan, born in 2005. They reside in Southwest Portland, just up the hill from his high school alma mater, Wilson High School.
What Is Biological Dentistry?
“According to the International Academy of Biological Dentistry & Medicine, a biological dentist understands that the mouth and body are connected and that illness or disease that occurs inside the body is reflected orally and vice versa. Factors like stress, diet, and sleep patterns have a direct impact on oral inflammation and disease.
Holistic dentistry is the practice of diagnosing, preventing, treating, and maintaining oral health using natural therapies. A biological dentist assesses a patient’s entire state of physical and emotional health before deciding on treatments.” (htttps://sfgreendentist.com/what-is-a-biological-dentist/)
In This Episode:
- What is biological/holistic dentistry and how is it different from traditional dentistry?
- How is biological dentistry different from traditional dentistry?
- Understanding how chronic infection from “normal” dental treatments such as root canals and wisdom teeth extractions can lead to chronic systemic disease
- The many ways in which the body’s energy can be disrupted due to oral health issues
- Clinical examples of full-body healing from restoring dental health
- Holistic healing modalities of biological dentistry that Dr. Blodgett uses in his practice including photobiomodulation, light therapy, ozone, homeopathic medicine, and more.
- How to get in contact with a biological dentist in your area and how to work with Dr. Kelly
Dental Energy Meridian Chart
- Ari Whittens book “Ultimate Guide To Red Light Therapy”
- International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology Website
- International Academy of Biological Dentistry and Medicine
- American College of Integrative Medicine of Dentistry
- Dr. Staci Whitman – Biological Pediatric Dental Care (find her IG here)
- Biocomp – lab that will take your blood and test it against synthetic medical dentistry materials
- Dr. Simon Yu’s Books- Accidental Cure and Accidental Blow Up In Medicine