Listen on Apple Podcasts| Listen on Google Podcasts | Listen on Spotify
Brian Karr is a second generation indoor environmental consultant who specializes in
working with hypersensitive individuals with complex medical conditions. He helps them
to understand if mold, mycotoxins or other indoor pathogens exist in their homes that
may be contributing to their health conditions, and how to remedy those issues. Brian
has become a go-to mold & biotoxin resource for many medical practitioners across the
country, and has helped over 3,000 hypersensitive individuals nationwide to create
healthier living environments that have allowed their doctors to help them get better.
Brian is the co-founder of We Inspect, a national indoor environmental assessment
company specializing in mold and biotoxin detection and management for
hypersensitive individuals. He is also the creator of Mold Masterclass
(www.moldmasterclass.com), a digital training program developed for hypersensitive
individuals and the doctors who treat them. The program teaches its students how to
identify and remove mold and mycotoxins from their homes so they can get healthy
again. Lastly, Brian is the Vice President of The Mold Guy, Inc., a company founded by
Mark Levy and dedicated to the detection and prevention of microbial contaminants
within the indoor environment for over 15 years.
Brian is a Certified Microbial Investigator (CMI) accredited through the American Council
for Accredited Certifications, North America’s oldest and most prestigious certifying body
dedicated to indoor air quality. He is an expert at identifying indicators of mold growth
and strategically sampling, validating, and developing remedial strategies for mold
growth and biotoxin production in all areas of a home or building including walls, floors,
ceilings, crawl spaces, basements, attics, and HVAC systems.
He also attends multiple international medical conferences and workshops every year
that focus on how the environment impacts human health, specifically for individuals
with biotoxin or environmentally acquired illness. A few examples of these include
conferences and workshops organized by the International Lyme and Associated
Diseases Society (ILADS), Forum for Integrative Medicine (FIM), Institute for Functional
Medicine (IFM), and Environmental Health Symposium (EHS). He is also a full member
of the International Society for Environmentally Acquired Illness (ISEAI).
Brian was a featured speaker at the 2020 Indoor Air Quality Association (IAQA) Annual
Meeting, presenting a specialized approach to mold and biotoxin remediation tailored
specifically for hypersensitive individuals. He also contributed to several educational
articles published by the Indoor Air Quality Association as a member of its Education
In This Episode:
- What is moldfinders/weinspect and what is your goal as a company?
- How did moldfinders start? What inspired you to begin this business?
- How many homes do you think have mold in them? Is this a problem for everyone?
- Health issues you’ve seen linked to chronic mold exposure?
- What areas of the home are most common for having mold? How do you find it?
- Tell us about mold testing- what’s the gold standard and what do you recommend?
- What types of mold are you most concerned about- is it really just black mold, or are there ‘okay’ types of mold as well?
Lets say you found mold:
- What are the top concerns when it comes to eradicating mold with the typical route of remediation companies?
- Top things to look for in a remediation company when hiring?
- Is it always necessary to throw out permeable materials in the home- clothes, furniture, etc. if so what objects/materials need to be replaced/thrown out?
- Are mold laundry detergents effective in cleaning spores?
- What are the best air purifiers and why?
- What steps should everyone take to maintain and prevent mold from turning into a problem
- Dr. Jill Christins Book, Break The Mold
- ERMI Testing
- Mycotoxin Test from Real Time Labs
- Air Purifiers: IQ Air, Intellipure, Air Oasis
Stay Connected With Brian:
- YesWeInspect – Brian’s Inspection Company
- MoldFinders – Brian’s Mold Education Company
- MoldFinders Radio – Brian’s mold education podcast
- MoldFinders Instagram Page
Brian’s Certifications, Professional Affiliations & Education
- Council-certified Microbial Investigator #1607031
- RealTime Labs Certified Mycotoxin Environmental Specialist
- Full member of the International Society for Environmentally Acquired Illness (ISEAI)
- Member of the Indoor Air Quality Association
- Member of the Indoor Air Quality Association Public Education Sub-Committee former
- Bachelor’s of Science degree from the University of Nevada Las Vegas Courses,
Presentations and Papers From Brian
- “Mold Masterclass” – creator
- “Moldfinders Radio” – host
- “Mold, Mycotoxins, Endotoxins: Remediation for Hypersensitive Individuals” – speaker, advanced level presentation at the Indoor Air Quality Association (IAQA) 2020 Annual Meeting.
- “Can Hidden Mold Be Causing Your Skin Problems? (S4E1)” – guest, The Eczema Podcast
- “Conquering Mold with Brian Karr, Episode 50” – guest, Living with Lyme podcast hosted by Cindy Kennedy, CNFP
- “How to Assess of Toxic Mold is in Your Home and Why the Heck it Matters for Your Hormone Health, Episode 25” – guest, The Dr. Madeira Show hosted by Dr. Sam Madeira
- “Family History of Environmental Exposure to Mold and Mycotoxins – A Case Study” – contributor to presentation at 2017 Environmental Health Symposium
- “Mold – Keep It Out Of Your Home” – author, published by the Indoor Air Quality Association for consumer resources
- “Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) and Gases – Keep Them Low” – author, published by the Indoor Air Quality Association for consumer resources
- “Particulate Matter- What You Can’t See, Can Hurt You!” – author, published by the Indoor Air Quality Association for consumer resources
- “Fire And Smoke-It Contains More Than You Know!” – author, published by the Indoor Air Quality Association for consumer resources
- “Formaldehyde” – author, published by the Indoor Air Quality Association for consumer resources
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment