These flavorful burgers are one of our easy go-to recipes at the Crowell house. They’re cheap, take about 20 minutes to make, and there’s enough for dinner and lunch the next day! Easiest meal prep you’ll ever do with 5 simple ingredients.
Turkey Burgers are delicious with and on just about everything: as a burger, over a salad, over spaghetti squash, wrapped in bacon, topped with avocado, and anything else your little heart desires!
We’ve been making these for quite some time now, and I’ve found they taste best and are easiest to mold into burger patties if you mix the turkey meat with 1 egg to bind all of the ingredients together. It also adds a juicy, flavorful aspect to the burgers that I LOVEEE. If you’ve never added an egg to your turkey burgers, be prepared to be blown away!
I’ve recently been opting to bake my turkey burgers instead of cooking them over the stove- this way I can do whatever the hell I want while they cook instead of standing over the stove + getting oil splattered all over my kitchen. BOOM. You don’t have to cook them this way, but I suggest trying it if you haven’t before! It locks in a lot of flavor, and you barely have to do anything.
As with all of my recipes, feel free to get creative here! If these spices don’t sound like your jam, switch it up and throw your own ideas into the bowl! Food is fun- don’t make it boring and mundane by being too scared to try adding new ingredients!
- 1.25 Pounds Ground Turkey
- 1 Tablespoon Pizza Seasoning ( I used [url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001M10ZG/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=whatcaitate-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B0001M10ZG&linkId=4816b11608e1a7f5878e700748d8a50e”]Frontier Co-op[/url])
- 1/4 Teaspoon Fine Mineral Salt ( I used [url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071FNYFWW/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=whatcaitate-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B071FNYFWW&linkId=6a28a96402575e4ab138e9f37ee8dfed”]Redmond Real Salt[/url])
- 1/4 Cup Gluten Free Panko Breadcrumbs (I Used [url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CNVJO74/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=whatcaitate-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B00CNVJO74&linkId=12e6e1732dcf4666ae8a1e1167145356″]Ians GF[/url])
- 1 Whole egg, whisked
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with [url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y5X568Z/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=whatcaitate-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B06Y5X568Z&linkId=b2e337ad0323ea573943b19620e98f42″]chemical-free parchment paper[/url].
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg with a fork until frothy. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add in all the ingredients: turkey, pizza seasoning, salt, panko, and whisked egg.
- Mix ingredients until well combined and evenly mixed
- Use your hands to mold the burgers to your desired size. I usually make 5 burgers out of 1.25 pounds.
- Place the burger patties onto the baking sheet with parchment paper and bake for about 20 minutes.
After making the burgers, I enjoyed mine on a gluten free bun from Canyon Bakehouse with fresh arugula, Sir Kensingtons Special Sauce and homemade pickled onions. Get Creative with yours!
If you’re looking for more recipes like this one, check out:
- Instant Pot Pulled Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Slow Cooker Carnitas
- Bacon Wrapped Meatballs With Spaghetti Squash
- Paleo Curry-Spiced Chicken Nuggets
- Lemon-Rosemary-Garlic Roasted Chicken
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for your support with What Cait Ate!