In This Episode:
- Our different experiences male vs female in experiencing mold illness
- The initial symptoms we had that were notable + mold symptoms in general to look for
- The relationship challenges + marital stress we went through while living in mold
- Why the pandemic made our mold illness + symptoms worse
- Our miscarriage that tipped the scales + made us deeply question what was making both of us so sick (listen to the podcast episode Stu and + did on our miscarriage here)
- What lab tests we used to validate we had mold in our bodies
- How we found the mold source in our crawl space + HVAC system
- The many mold inspection tests we ran + which ones are worth your money + which ones aren’t
- Why the conventional methods of remediating mold often make health symptoms worse
- What are mycotoxins + why they make you sick
- How much we paid for mold remediation + things to consider when it comes to insurance coverage, HVAC cleaning, etc.
- How we found mold in our 2-year old HVAC system + what we did to fix it
- Why we decided to move out of our home after we remediated
- How we found a home with little to no mold + how we tested + prepped that home before we moved in
- What items were salvageable?
- Do you experience any weight gain?
- Did your mold show up on a bioscan?
- Did you get your testing done via Great Plains labs or Vibrant Wellness, why?
- Did you use any antifungals in nasal sprays or internally?
- Did you detox your dogs, if so – how?
Show Notes + Links:
- Link to at home ERMI test
- PJ Harlow – mold consultant
- Andrew Melrose – mold educator + inspector
- Mold inspection in Denver – Mold Inspection Sciences
- Other mold-related podcast episodes:
- Nervous system training:
- Dog Supplement Binder